London – A bustling destination for finance education
London is a hub for many activities, and education is at the top of the list of these activities and vistas. More particularly, the last few years have seen a laudable surge in the reputation of the universities and colleges in the city offering general and specialized finance courses. Both graduate and post graduate level applications for finance degree in London have surpassed their previous records, and have established London as an undisputed magnet for finance related education.
Some statistics to underscore the bright scope of a degree in finance
Over the past few years, graduates in Finance have enjoyed widespread demand from the industry, to the extent that more than 78% of graduates have taken up jobs. Out of the remaining 22%, a healthy 8% have chosen to pursue further studies. Only 6% unemployment has been reported by reporting agencies. This is ample testimony to the fact that London’s financial markets and firms operating in these markets are hiring loads of finance graduates and post graduates. The number of universities offering finance degree in London is pretty huge, and this makes the city a preferred destination for students from across the globe. This, in turn, makes London a truly magnetic destination for studies in finance.
Loads of jobs being offered in on-campus placements
Firms offering high profile jobs in finance in and around London include some astounding names such as PriceWaterHouse Coopers, Stephen Hill Ltd, Ernst & Young, British Council, and Home Retail Group. The kinds of profiles being regularly handed out in campus placements conducted at University campuses in London include Internal Auditor, Finance Analyst, Operational Accountant, Associate Consultant and similar roles. The fact that coveted names from the field of finance, and even other companies that have roles for finance graduates and post graduates are increasingly depending upon universities and colleges in London means that the city is becoming a shining star on the education radars of smart students from across the globe.
The fact that there are several of these companies having their swanky offices in London has also contributed a lot to the continuous increase in the popularity of the city as an educational destination or future finance wizards. It is not uncommon for companies to prefer universities and colleges that are easily approachable resources of qualified finance experts.