Another week in the books. I feel good about this week, it’s finally spring and we can be done with all this snow!
I have started to accomplish a lot more with my blog on a consistent basis. I’ve definitely had to reorganize my life but I believe it will all be worth it in the end. Before I went on my hiatus after my son was born I found myself severely stressed out with blogging. My wife even made comments about it was effecting my health and eventually led to me taking a break. I think the main cause of this stress was feeling the need to follow EVERY SINGLE personal finance blogger out there and comment on their articles. I was fortunate enough to have Travis Pizel as a mentor through Bloggers Helping Bloggers and he gave me some fantastic advice which I haven’t taken until now….”Don’t stress yourself out commenting on every single article bloggers write.”
So going forward I am limiting myself to only 25 comments per day. I think this will free up a tremendous amount of time and allow me to create great content for you guys in the future!
- A Look At Forward 12 Month Dividends – WYOR talks about tracking your progress with the goals you set. For dividend investors this is done by calculating your forward 12 month dividends. If an investor were to do this every perhaps every quarter they could stay motivated by seeing their progress.
- Do We Regret Paying Off Our Mortgage? – Jonathan gives a one year update from the time they paid off their mortgage and talks about the the age old debate among financial bloggers “What if he had invested that money instead.” He also gives a little insight on the things they have been able to do as a family since paying off that mortgage.
- How To Pay Off Debt – Laurie goes head on challenging common mindsets of those in dire financial straits, giving great insight on how to overcome your current state of mind and how to get started towards financial success.
- Retirement Strategy Revisited – RBD goes into intricate details of his retirement strategy. I was able to get a couple ideas and strategies myself from this post, it’s a must read!
- The 401K Participation Rate is Shocking – Sam hit a sensitive note with me on this post. I truly believe their will be an epidemic of huge proportions in regards to retirees living in poverty. Living for today instead of tomorrow seems to be the trend and mark my words individuals will pay dearly for it. My biggest concern is a huge government bailout to these individuals once they move into retirement because let’s face it nobody wants to see an elderly person living in poverty or on the street.
- Modest Money Top Finance Blog List – I’ve known Jeremy for quite a while and he is one ambitious man. He recently took it upon himself to correct a lacking thing in the financial blogging realm….an updated blog list ranking all the top PF blogs out there. Thanks Jeremy! I recommend everyone go over and take a look, if you’re a PF Blogger contact Jeremy to have your blog included =)
Top 5 Referring Sites to BBB Investing
Mentions Around The Web
- Bond King Under Siege & Today’s Other Top Stories
- Travel Edition: Financial Carnival for Young Adults | Debt Free Tejana
- Carnival of Retirement – 105th Edition
- Financial Roundup: Taxes Edition | Suburban Finance
- 20 Favorite Dividend Growth Stocks from 20 Dividend Bloggers
- Passive Income Pursuit Weekly Round up 3/29/2014
Thank you! How was your week around the blogosphere? Has anyone successfully picked 2 out of the 4 teams in the final four?